Five Simple Skin Habits for Flawless Skin
Skin care doesn’t have to be rocket science. Today, we are discussing some of our favourite (and oh so simple) skin and health habits that might just help you achieve flawless and glowing skin.
1. Sleep - Beauty sleep is real. People who maintain a glowing and healthy complexion, clock at least 7 hours of sleep a day. If you are skipping Zzs, it will affect the moisture in your skin and imbalances your pH levels, which leads to dry, red skin, and even to breakouts. With lack of sleep, your body releases the stress hormone cortisol, which can lead to dull skin, fine lines and wrinkles and bags under the eyes. If you have had very little shut eye and noticing you are suffering “raccoon eyes”, try the Proactiv + Eye Brightening Serum. It is a light complex designed to help nourish and protect the notoriously delicate eye area. The brightening properties of Vitamin C and liquorice extract help to reduce the appearance of dark circles and can be used in the morning and night.
2. Wear Sunscreen - With the temperatures dipping (especially this week), your first impulse may be to store your sunscreen under the sink until summer. However, not so fast!Protecting your skin against UV damage is a year-round commitment. According to a survey conducted by Canstar Cannex, less than 20 per cent of Australian men and women wear sunscreen in winter and yet we have the highest nationwide level of skin cancer. The UV levels may be low, but it’s not worth the risk. So this July, invest in a SPF cream like the Proactiv Oil Free Moisturiser.
3. Take off makeup off before bed - There’s no shame in admitting it; we’re all guilty of having slept in our makeup once or twice. However, women with glowing skin tend to be more diligent with removing their make-up at night. Catching up with some shut eye whilst wearing war paint, leads to serious damage to your skin, yes, even if it only happens once in a while.
4. Exercise - People with a fresh-faced glow tend to log a few hours a week getting sweaty. If it’s attending a yoga class, jogging or hitting the gym, you should aim for a minimum of 30 minutes of activity at least five times a week. It also pumps the blood through your veins and increases circulation. It gives you a natural glow that you can’t get any other way.
5. Relaxation and Self Care - It is crucial to find your inner Zen zone and take some time out for yourself. Looking after yourself will always make you feel better. Stress can lead to chronic tension, and physical stress causes surges of cortisol in the body, a hormone that can break down collagen and elastin, ultimately leading to wrinkles and breakouts. It’s incredible what a trip to the hairdresser or the salon can do for your self-confidence. Even just taking the time to take a long bath at home with a facial mask like our Skin Purifying Mask will do wonders for your well-being.
We hope this helps those of you wanting to start your journey to flawless skin. Next week we will be sharing healthy recipe that will warm up your taste buds this winter!
Catch you then!