5 Tips for Glorious Skin (that goes above your skincare routine)
While your skincare routine is important, there are other factors that come into play to keep your skin glowing. It’s not just about your products, it’s about your lifestyle as well. Studies say that 20% of your skin ageing is determined by factors such as DNA, but 80% is based on external factors such as your lifestyle and environment. So here are our five tips to give your glorious skin...
1. Exercise - Exercise is a natural way to give yourself glowing skin. It pumps the blood through your veins and increases circulation. It gives you a natural glow that you can’t get any other way.
2. Drink alot of Water - Water flushes the toxins out of your system and keeps your whole body healthy. It hydrates your skin and keeps your skin looking fresh, plump and glowing. Without adequate water your skin dehydrates and discolours, so the more water you drink the healthier your skin (and your body) will be.
3. Sleep - Sleep is essential to your health. If you don’t get enough sleep your body releases the stress hormone cortisol, which can lead to dull skin, fine lines and wrinkles and bags under the eyes. A lack of sleep affects the moisture in your skin and imbalances your pH levels, which leads to dry, red skin, and even to breakouts. So make sure you are sleeping as much as you can.
4. Eat Well - Healthy food is important for healthy skin! Your skin is a living organism and it needs adequate nutrition to stay healthy. So eat a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables, healthy fats and protein and lay off the simple carbs and sugar, which causes your insulin to spike, causing your body to react like it is suffering from inflammation. This reaction produces enzymes that break down collagen and elastin, leading to sagging, wrinkled skin.
5. Be Positive - A positive outlook on life is one of the best things you can have, for your body and your mind! Good self-esteem leads to better self-care, and being confident and comfortable in your own skin makes you happy. People can spot someone that is happy and positive in their life and it makes them glow.
Hopefully these five steps give you happy, healthy skin. Next week we talk about taking care of your body, even if it is hiding under layers of winter clothes! See you then.