Life is full of Stressors..Don't let your Skin be one...
Today we are talking about stress and the impact it can have on your skin. Sometimes in life stress can’t be avoided; be it moving house, a stressful workplace, starting a new school or other situations life throws at you.
But these stressors can impact your skin, and the last thing you want to deal with when you’re feeling stressed is an acne breakout, dry skin or dark circles under your eyes. When you’re stressed you most often neglect yourself- your healthy food, water and exercise routines are the first to go as you focus on getting through.
So we have some tips for you today on how to make sure you’re taking care of yourself as well as dealing with the stress of daily life.
1. Remember to drink water - When you’re stressed you aren’t thinking about yourself and you might be drinking a lot of soft drink or coffee but it’s important that you remember to drink water. Not only is it good for your skin but it helps your brain to focus.
2. Take a moment in the shower or before bed to cleanse - People prone to acne can suffer breakouts when they are feeling stressed so it’s important to maintain your skin care routine. The Proactiv 3-Step Kit will only take minutes from your day to complete and will help prevent outbreaks.
3. Try to get some sleep - When we are stressed sleep is often one of the first things that suffers. We worry about lists of thing to do and sleep can be broken and restless. To ensure a better night’s rest make sure you put your phone and other screens away at least an hour before sleep to help your body wind down.
4. Remember to exercise - It can be hard to remember to fit some exercise in when you are stressed but even a brisk 15 minute walk gets the blood pumping and circulating through the body, clearing the mind and skin.
5. Remember to relax! - It’s important to take some time out, especially when you are feeling
stressed. 10 minutes outside, alone to think can make a big difference to your
wellbeing. So make sure you take some time for you.
So, if you are dealing with a time of stress in your life, we hope these
tips help you get through it. Next week we are talking about what really makes
someone beautiful. Have a great week.