Blemish Control for Teens, Men & Women
Proactiv is suitable for men, women, teens and adults of all skin types who have blemish prone skin - In short, everyone!
The recommended age to begin using Proactiv is 12 years and older, however the products may be effective for adolescents and adults of all ages who experience breakouts.
If you are pregnant or a nursing mother, we strongly recommend that you consult your healthcare professional before using Proactiv or any topical acne product.
For teens, we recommend that you start slowly, by using the products every second day. If you feel unsure, talk to your doctor or paediatrician, before you start using Proactiv products.
Testing for Allergic Reactions
Some people may be sensitive to Benzoyl Peroxide (although fewer than three per cent have an allergy to Benzoyl Peroxide), so we recommend applying a small amount to the soft, sensitive skin on your neck behind your ear lobe. Do this for three days then wait.
No reaction: You're good to go!
A little red and dry: Proceed with caution and take on your new routine slowly, until your skin adjusts - maybe once a day or every second day.
Itchy, red bumps or slight swelling: You've proved you're allergic to an ingredient in the product, so look for alternatives.
If you develop any red skin blotches when you start using Proactiv products, you may be sensitive to Benzoyl Peroxide in which case we recommend following these steps:
- Stop using the Proactiv products for 2 days - if the skin redness improves, start using Proactiv again.
- Use soap and Proactiv Tone - Step 2 daily.
- Use Repair - Step 3 twice per week at night to help your skin gradually get used to the Benzoyl Peroxide.
- As your skin improves, increase the number of nights you apply Proactiv Repair - Step 3.
- If the condition of your skin gets worse, and redness increases, stop using Proactiv immediately and consult a healthcare professional.
Because everyone is different, results can vary from person to person. Some people see results as early as 3 weeks, but on average, visible results start within 6-8 weeks. Many Proactiv customers find that a complete clearing of their complexion takes between 3-6 months with recommended, consistent use (twice a day). While there is no ‘cure’ for zits, it is controllable with continued daily use of products such as Proactiv Solution.